I am a software developer with experience serving both the private and public sectors. I am passionate about technology and crafting simple solutions to complex challenges. I believe in writing code that is clean, clear and deliberate.
- Worked with clients to determine needs and goals.
- Evaluated and determined appropriate technologies for projects.
- Architected infrastructure and software foundations for projects.
- Designed and created database schemas.
- Coded/tested/deployed front and back-end software.
Client: New York State Office of Mental Health
Created applications for the finance group to simplify management of financial data.
- A web application with internal and external facing components to automatically notify providers of changes to reimbursement rates and provide online access to rate change and supporting documentation.
- Multiple web applications providing a simple workflow style interface encapsulating the complex rules, calculations and checkpoints necessary to modify Medicaid reimbursement rates of health providers.
- A web application to evaluate competing registration requests using a complex set of rules and to maintain an accounting of current and historical registration data.
- A client application similar to a personal income tax program used by mental health providers to simplify data entry and submission of quarterly and annual financial information to the state.
- Defined software architecture based on system requirements.
- Designed and developed core software components to handle common functionality including security, logging, exception management and validation.
- Actively involved in the design and implementation of system frameworks, business components, data access components and cross functional components.
- Actively involved in the design and implementation of user interface components with focus on cross-browser compatibility and progressive enhancement of UI functionality.
- Designed and implemented data schemas and complex database procedures, application services and browser-based user interfaces using web standard technologies.
- Performed performance analysis and tuning of application code, database queries and procedural code.
- Designed and implemented automated build and deployment environment.
- Developed test cases, unit tests, integration tests and debugging of components in all layers of systems.
Client: GE Plastics
Large scale implementation and customization of Pivotal customer relationship management system including a highly specialized pricing module.
- Designed and constructed all data loads into the Pivotal system.
- Designed and constructed interfaces between Oracle-based systems and Pivotal (SQL Server based) system with focus on ensuring data integrity.
- Resolved database design issues and designed interim database to house all data requiring scrubbing and validation before loading into Pivotal system.
- Assisted vendor on system design changes, implementation and troubleshooting of Pivotal agents.
- Performance tuned servers, network and application; assisted with server configuration.
Client: Publishers Research Group
Implementation of the Pivotal customer relationship management system.
- Gathered and analyzed requirements.
- Designed Pivotal solution and customized the Pivotal system according to design requirements.
- Created reports using Crystal Reports.
- Set up, configured and maintained MS SQL Server and MS Exchange servers.
Client: Berkshire Health Systems
Migrate existing billing system functions and medical reports to SMS Allegra platform.
- Analyzed and modified DEC BASIC programs to support upgrade to SMS Allegra.
- Analyzed, coded and tested programs, interfaces and report components necessary for the migration effort.
Worked directly with customers to design and develop custom industrial automation solutions.
- Prepared proposals and specifications for customer projects in a manufacturing environment.
- Developed custom applications based on specifications and time commitments.
- Demonstrated and supported product / project capabilities to customers.
- Provided telephone and on-site technical support to customers in the areas of software functionality and problem resolution, operating system usage, application programming interface issues, and hardware / software interface issues.